TEDxStCloud Scholarship for Inclusion Application
Application due date: September 27th, 2019
“Providing access to ‘Ideas worth Spreading'”
- DEADLINE for scholarship applications is September 27, 2019.
- Refer to application process below. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If any question does not apply to you in this application please put N/A in the space.
- Type or print legibly. Illegible applications will not be considered.
- Selected applicants will be notified by phone or email by October 2nd.
- If you have any questions about the application, please contact Stephen Janasie, Scholarship Chair. (320) 308-2916 or by email at [email protected]
PURPOSE TEDxStCloud held its first event in October 2017 and has served as an annual showcase for ideas that spark deep discussion and connection. Since our first event, the TEDxStCloud organizers have recognized the need to make this event a welcoming space for all members of our community. The TEDxStCloud Inclusion Committee works each year to provide access to this unique event to underrepresented populations and individuals who may not otherwise be able to attend. As an extension of our inclusion efforts, the committee is offering complimentary tickets to residents from underrepresented populations in our community who may not be reached by our existing connections. The purpose of this scholarship is to spread the inspiration that this unique event provides throughout our community.
TWO (2) COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS to TEDxStCloud are awarded to residents of Greater St. Cloud based on a demonstrated passion for “Ideas worth spreading” and a demonstrated need for complimentary tickets in order to attend the event. Tickets are awarded annually provided complimentary tickets are available.
The TEDxStCloud Inclusion Committee awards scholarships on the basis of a review process established by the full committee and are determined through the consensus of all committee members. Awards will be distributed annually after all requirements are met.
To be eligible for the scholarship, an individual must:
- currently reside in the Greater St. Cloud area
- demonstrate a passion for “Ideas worth spreading”
- demonstrate a need for complimentary tickets
Priority will be given to applicants from underrepresented populations in our community as identified by the Inclusion Committee.
- Applications are due by September 27th, 2019
- Selected applicants are notified by October 2, 2019
- TEDxStCloud 2019 will take place October 10, 2019 from 5pm – 9pm at the Paramount Theater in downtown Saint Cloud.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE:
- Completed application form (below is a online version, or you may download a PDF)
- Responses to short essay questions (see application form)
- Applicants must provide a current phone number, email address, or alternative means of contact in order to be considered for an award.
Application submissions by email, mail, electronic form (below) or in person will be accepted. Please email, mail, OR submit application in person to:
TEDxStCloud Scholarship For Inclusion Program
Attn: Stephen Janasie
Experiential Learning & Outreach Director
College of Science & Engineering
St. Cloud State University
720 4th Ave S
St. Cloud, MN 56301-4498
Fill Scholarship Application Online
You can also fill and submit this scholarship application online.
This scholarship has expired.